2015 Ram 2500 CNG
Once the advantages were measured, the logic was as clear as the product itself. Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) offered compelling reasons for consideration as the second fuel source for the dual-fuel 2015 Ram 2500. Canada is one of the world's largest producers and exporters of natural gas. Natural gas is a smart energy. Abundantly available, clean and affordable, natural gas is a safe and reliable energy choice. CNG demonstrates a reduction of smog-producing pollutants, and significantly reduces greenhouse gas emissions. Recalibration of the 5.7L HEMI® VVT V8 was accomplished with no compromise in what Ram 2500 was built for: no-nonsense work. This is a truck designed and manufactured with the ability and capability to meet the need.
The Ram 2500 CNG manufacturing process drives it home: your Ram CNG system is installed right at the factory, ensuring the highest level of quality – measured and reflected in 2 warranties that cover every aspect of the fuel system and the powertrain. Best of all, the integrated design and manufacturing process ensures a minimal order-to-delivery time frame.
Ram 2500 CNG features include:
- Legendary 5.7L HEMI VVT V8 is calibrated for dual-fuel operation, with modified internal engine components, hardened valves and valve seats and specially designed spark plugs, all factory-installed
- Multilink coil spring rear suspension system
- Dual-fuel operation is seamless and automatic; no operator or driver operation is required
- Ram 2500 CNG features 2 specialized, ultra-strong CNG tanks contained in a 50,000-PSI steel box; combined, they hold the equivalent of 68 L of gasoline with a projected range of operation estimated at 410 km1
- Ram 2500 CNG features 1 standard 30 L fuel tank for gasoline with projected range of operation estimated at 180 km1
- An available 121 L gasoline tank boosts driving range to an estimated 721 km1
- Range of operation from all fuels with the standard 30 L gasoline tank is estimated at 590 km1
- Range of operation from all fuels with the available 121 L gasoline tank is estimated at 1,131 km1
Did You Know...?
- The CNG system uses advanced high-strength steel, similar to that employed in submarine hulls
- Each tank features a special CNG cut-off valve for an extra degree of security
 Your actual driving range will vary depending on driving habits, regularly scheduled maintenance and other factors. Based on highway fuel economy ratings.